Uncover Your Iconic, Original Brand
What makes a business go from good to great? From filling a functional need, to attracting raving fans from the audiences that matter most?
You’re a purpose-driven entrepreneur who wants to show up authentically, tell a compelling story, and turn heads, but maybe you don’t know where to start… Are you lacking clarity about what makes you unique in your industry? Or feeling stuck on how to articulate your unique value? The success of your business, and the impact you want to make in the world depends upon it.
Before working with me, my clients have said things like:
“I wasn’t sure how to communicate my values to the world in a meaningful way, and as a result was totally procrastinating in making the first step.”
“I was struggling with feeling like I wasn’t fully speaking my authentic voice in my brand.”
“I felt paralysis in front of the daunting project of defining my brand, and I absolutely need to develop my visibility so that I can develop my business.”
In working with over a hundred entrepreneurs like you for over 12 years, I have seen the powerful effect that brand clarity has on your bottom line. Discovering your unique difference, and the underlying story you’re telling in your business gives you the confidence to communicate your brand value, to step into a bigger vision and message, and have a much greater impact with your work in the world.
Who am I?
My name is Alyssa Burtt, and I believe that who you are is your greatest currency. I’m here to support visionary entrepreneurs, creatives, and thought leaders who are ready to birth a higher octave of their work in the world.
I have a BFA in fine arts, a diploma in graphic design, and in the last 12 years, I’ve built two design and marketing consultancies. In May 2019, I finished an MBA in Design Strategy from the California College of the Arts in San Francisco. I work with an archetypal branding system rooted in Jungian psychology (think Nike as a Hero brand), and my brand archetypes are the Visionary (aka Magician), the Seeker (aka Explorer), and the Innovator (aka Creator). Business leaders work with me to discover their unique difference and the bigger vision they bring to innovating their world.
Discover your own brand archetypes, and the story underlying your work in the world. Together we will mine and crystallize your unique and valuable difference, and I will support you to be more visible and compelling to the audiences you’re here to impact.
Okay, but what does it look like?
Two 3-hour sessions (or calls via Zoom), with email support to:
- Discover your brand archetypes and unique identity (core values, brand personality and voice)
- Map out your compelling brand story that positions your ideal customer as the hero, and you as their guide
- Identify the greater context of industry and culture that your business operates in, and establish your positioning strategy aligned with your core values. Craft your vision and mission statements to communicate how you are disrupting and changing this context with your business.
- Create a cohesive messaging strategy with three key brand statements that will act as the north star for your business
- Come away knowing your top 3 brand archetypes, and a feel for how they blend uniquely and come to life in your business.
- A print-out of the 4-Part Brand Story Canvas, complete with post-it notes as we fill in the pieces of your brand story together. This includes your brand values, mission and vision statements, customer journey, and industry context, as well as your Core Brand Message (or theme of your story). The canvas is designed to visually show the relationship between all parts, and the arc of your brand story. Hang it on your wall for quick reference whenever you create new marketing material.
- A digital Brand Story Guide with all the key components typed up in a report so you can share it with the important stakeholders helping to bring your brand story to life.
Investment: $1495 USD (in 1 or 2 payments)
Email alyssa [at] bravenarrative.com for more info or to schedule your session.
“Alyssa’s approach to branding and brand consulting is a beautiful combination of the intuitive and artistic and strategic business smarts. She’s deeply invested in the success of her clients, wanting them to bring their bravest, most compelling selves into the world through their brands. She helped me get out of my head and into the heart of my brand.”
— Karen Ward, Facilitator, Team-builder and Speaker at Curiosity Inc.
“Brand consultation work is an incredible tool that helps you crystallize your vision and find ways to express it in the most effective and consistent ways. It’s like being in therapy for your brand — you suddenly see all the underlying issues and give yourself a chance to work on them. And like any great therapist, Alyssa will gently guide you through this process, facilitating valuable insights and helping you put them to good use. On the end, your brand will emerge healthier, happier and better equipped for enjoying the world and surviving in it.”
— Maria Hykin, Yoga Teacher and Pain-Management Educator at Quiet Transformation
“Alyssa is an alchemist of the highest order. Her ability to see someone’s truth, find their inner compass, and bring that into the world is extraordinary. Working with Alyssa is a lightning bolt of inspiration and clarity to your brand. Her brand exploration process unlocks deep truths, joys, and excitement in the most marvellous way. Working with Alyssa will change your brand (and quite honestly your life) forever, in all the best ways.”
— Makenna Held, Leadership Coach & founder of Your Leadership Recipe
Aligned Marketing Strategy (additional 3 hour session)
- Identify key business goals and KPI’s (how you’ll measure your success)
- Identify your biggest opportunities and obstacles for attracting your ideal customers
- Marketing Funnel design — Revisiting your brand story and positioning strategy, we’ll brainstorm ideas to reach your ideal customers in the Discover phase, communicate your value in the Explore phase (which usually takes the form of a sales page or website), and convert them to customers in the Buy phase. We will create a strategy working backwards from how many customers you want to secure, towards figuring out how many we need to reach in the Discover phase.
- We will spend the remaining time getting more tactical on the discover phase.
Add $949 USD
Co-Creative Direction (additional 3 hour session)
Together we will go through a mini creative process in four phases:
- Explore — we’ll start by looking at the visuals and marketing designs common in the contexts, cultures and industries your business operates in, as well as your personal visual and cultural influences for your business and brand. How does your current business align or contrast with these?
- Ideate — we’ll look to your archetypes, and desired brand position, and start brainstorming ideas. We’ll create a mood board on Mural (a collaborative online platform), as well as mind maps, keyword clusters, fonts, colour palettes, imagery and design inspiration.
- Refine — we’ll take the giant clusters we created and refine to clarify the unique creative vision for your brand.
- Implement — How can we implement this creative vision into creative marketing campaigns, photoshoots, brand identity or website design, social media, business cards, events, trade shows, etc.? Arm yourself before you ever hire a graphic or web design team to be able to articulate and direct the creative vision for your brand.